GLOF
Welcome to Girls' Life Out Forums

Pleas register to participate in the forums or log in in case you already have an account.

Thanks!!

I forgot my password

What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend? Empty What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Post by BlackParadeEnchantress on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:30 pm

What sort of things attract you to someone you might consider dating or entering into a longer term relationship with?

For me... you gotta be as tall or taller than me (which is easy because I am short)
Funny, somewhat intelligent, can hold a good conversation, caring, have at least some ambition...don't just be a lazy bum.

And looks aren't like SUPER important...but you gotta be clean and healthy. Take care of yourself, please. Don't be smelly or dirty.
BlackParadeEnchantress
BlackParadeEnchantress

Back to top Go down

What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend? Empty Re: What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Post by Haileysd on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

I've found it is very case by case...cannot put categories on it. That said, my experience is limited.
Haileysd
Haileysd

Back to top Go down

What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend? Empty Re: What do you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?

Post by WaterBaby on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:46 pm

I agree with Hailey. It's case by case, however, my preferences do not include neckbeards, "country" boys, or conservative guys.
WaterBaby
WaterBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Haileysd on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:09 pm

I think those categories tend to overlap!
Haileysd
Haileysd

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterBaby on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:12 pm

They do, but you have the ones that can try to debate, and then you have the ones who are bigot just to be bigots. That's been my experience thus far.
WaterBaby
WaterBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrienneCM on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:24 pm

Might sound fairly typical but...good sense of humor, intelligent, physically fit (doesn't have to compete in triathlons or anything, but sorry - no heavyset guys for me), attractive (looks DO count for something - a physical attraction is a must), easy-going...

And agree with WaterBaby - not into neckbeards (or the big beards that seem to be in style now) or the conservative type.

AdrienneCM

Back to top Go down

Post by 0Michaela0 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:28 am

Has to be able to make me laugh Smile Agreed looks aren't important, but if you have nice hair, I'm probably gonna have even just a little crush on you for a while Smile
Intelligent, honest, similar interests but not like the fact same and to be up for friendly debates on stuff Smile Also buy me chocolate when I'm on my period!
0Michaela0
0Michaela0

Back to top Go down

Post by haylsn on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 am

Funny and nice. Knows when to joke around and be serious lol. Someone you can talk to every now and then and just relax with and just be honest with each other.

But really and truly you can exactly categorize guys, you may never find the guy you think you want ebcaus eveyroen has their little or big flaws.

And you ever know sometimes you just fall for or so,some you never expected you would.
haylsn
haylsn

Back to top Go down

Post by OmgItsRira on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:34 am

I think the things I look for in a guy has become... polished... the more I've dated.

For one, appearances do matter to me. Which isn't saying much because I'm a rather aesthetic person. Just, y'know, take pride in your appearance to an extent. Also confidence is sexy.

someone that I can hold really deep, meaningful conversations with about anything and everything.

Someone I have lots in common with. Someone that likes to have fun doing the same (or similar) things I like to do (we don't have to do everything all the time though.)

Someone that at the very least acknowledges my feelings when I come to them with a problem.

this is more long term, but someone that I can relate to with certain cultures, upbringings, and topics, and is able to have an intelligent conversation about it that doesn't leave the one or the other person upset/offended/etc.

And someone with a good sense of humor, that knows how to make me laugh/smile.
OmgItsRira
OmgItsRira

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Someone I can talk to and someone who takes me seriously. But also a real sense of humor.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuppyGirl on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I like a guy to be taller than me, but I prefer girls to be shorter (or the same height as me, since I'm short).
A man has to have a little self control and try to be introspective sometimes. I don't want a showoff who plays to the crowd, he should be interested in me more than himself. A sense of humor and a good smile are also important.
I like girls who aren't too jaded about things. And, as above, a sense of humor and a good smile also help.
GuppyGirl
GuppyGirl
Banned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taebadass on Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm actually quite picky
Looks
guys have to be at least than 5'7 (173 cm) no lower! no fat or overweight guys, short hair, clean, and a man that can dress himself.
Personality
sense of humor, funny, intelligent, ambition to have a better future, kind, caring, nerd (like Asian entertainment) , shy, underdog, some type of martial arts experience preferably Taekwondo, have his own life and independent, understanding, respectful, mature but they can be a little immature, loyal, only has eyes for me, cute, and be a bit romantic.
Taebadass
Taebadass

Back to top Go down

Post by twobitmiss on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 pm

I don't care about height for either sex. I'm more interested in chemistry and how we 'click' together. I can handle a lot of other stuff but I have to feel comfortable first.
twobitmiss
twobitmiss
Banned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Purina Megel on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:33 am

Hey,

I read somewhere that "Most women today are becoming the men they want to marry" Very Happy
I used to have a big list but as I am getting matured and more familiar with the world around me, the list of expectations are getting small Smile
1. He should be motivating, I am very lethargic and procrastinating.
2. This goes without saying, my guy should be understanding. Nothing big but should know when to speak and when to shut up Very Happy
3. I am independent and can take care of my finances and expenses. Money should never be an issue.
4.  I value my private space. Don't want to deal with the nagging. (I could work without this but it'd have been a bonus Smile )
5. HONEST. No compromises here.
6.Better start search your love at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Yep. That's it. Smile

Last edited by Purina Megel on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Purina Megel

Back to top Go down

Post by msbrittany23 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Honesty is really the only real requirement for me. The rest is just the chemistry and the vibes.

It is really nice to meet someone who's your opposite though, I always feel like I become the most connected to people like that. Weird huh?
msbrittany23
msbrittany23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next