GLOF
Welcome to Girls' Life Out Forums

Pleas register to participate in the forums or log in in case you already have an account.

Thanks!!

I forgot my password

Fights and relationship health

Go down

Fights and relationship health Empty Fights and relationship health

Post by ShellyB on Sun May 19, 2019 1:04 pm

I am curious what everybody thinks, how many fights is the right number for a healthy relationship? Is it zero? Is it every few months? Is it more often than that? The reason I ask is that I rarely have fights with my BF but I have a lot of stressful stuff going on in my life at the moment and he said something that bothered me, I don't think he meant any harm by it, but what he said sounded to me like he was saying I was silly to be stressed, so, I got mad and we had a fight. It ended well everything is fine now!! But it made me think, is this normal? It seems to me like ideally you'd never have a fight because you'd know each other well enough that even something that bothered you, you could work out without a fight. For example in this case, maybe he should have known better than to say it or alternately maybe I should have known to take it positively instead of getting mad about it.

But my friend thinks fights are healthy (she compared it to pruning a tree) so, just wondering what others think!!
ShellyB
ShellyB

Back to top Go down

Fights and relationship health Empty Re: Fights and relationship health

Post by Jade Princess on Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Not sure theres an actual answer to how many arguments or fights is right in a relationship. But I think it is good to sometimes have discussions that maybe classed as fights. As long as you both come to some agreement over it it's ok. And it's a way of learning stuff about each other that can also end up making a stronger relationship.

So yeah to me to I'd prefer no arguments but if you both learn from like you said about him learning how to tell you things and you learning he was trying be caring about you. Then yeah you may still have arguments at points but you know now how to deal with disagreements and it is sorta proof that you care and have feelings for each other, wouldn't have bothered you both if there was no passion

Hope that helps and makes sense I love you
Jade Princess
Jade Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellyB on Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 am

It does!! I should explain, I don't mean an actual number of fights, like "the ideal number of fights is 3 per year" or something, I just mean basically, "none" or "rare" or "a lot", I have some friends, one in particular, who are ALWAYS arguing with their BF yet they stay together, so I guess it works for them??
ShellyB
ShellyB

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:54 am

I don't think there's any number. Some people work well with a lot of fights, some people never ever fight!

It depends on the type of people. It should only really cause an issue if it really impacts the amount of quality time you can spend with your partner, i guess?

Ellie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down