GLOF
Welcome to Girls' Life Out Forums

Pleas register to participate in the forums or log in in case you already have an account.

Thanks!!

I forgot my password

OpenOffice

Go down

OpenOffice Empty OpenOffice

Post by Danna on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:53 pm

I just downloaded OpenOffice, mainly because it's free :P but it seems like it works very well. Smile I haven't tried all the features yet but it's going be really helpful for college!!

So, is anyone here also using OpenOffice? What are your impressions about it? Smile
Danna
Danna
Administrator

Back to top Go down

OpenOffice Empty Re: OpenOffice

Post by Danna on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Running
Danna
Danna
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfgirl on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:17 am

I run LibreOffice! It's a fork of the original OpenOffice, a bunch of the OpenOffice devs weren't happy with how Oracle was running things so they forked it and started LibreOffice. Later on Oracle stopped its OpenOffice efforts and eventually turned the name and project over to the Apache Software Foundation. They're both quite similar in features so really it comes down to personal preference. I prefer LibreOffice myself.

Open source software is awesome! I'd really like to learn how to program so I can contribute to an open source project. Smile
wolfgirl
wolfgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by NATUREGIRL on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:44 am

Hiya Everyone, I use "FREE OFFICE" It does everything I want and as the name says its FREE. You can get it for Windows and Android.
http://www.freeoffice.com/en/
NATUREGIRL
NATUREGIRL

Back to top Go down

Post by Danna on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Well, I've been using OpenOffice for some time now (I even got an update) and I can say I'm very happy with it. Smile It has all that I need and more, Surprised it's pretty easy to use and the best part, it's free. Razz

I know there are several options out there but just as @wolfgirl said, it's up to everyone's personal opinion and necessities and OpenOffice is the one that works for me. Smile
Danna
Danna
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellyB on Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:13 am

I think I have Microsoft Office, the individual programs all have "Microsoft" in their name when I put the cursor over them in the dock, unless they use "Microsoft" in a generic way but I doubt that. It works for my class stuff but sometimes how you format things can be confusing, like sometimes when I combine two files, the spacing between lines looks different, or I have trouble making charts line up the way I want them to. But for the most part it works well!
ShellyB
ShellyB

Back to top Go down

Post by Danna on Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:39 pm

@ShellyB wrote:I think I have Microsoft Office, the individual programs all have "Microsoft" in their name when I put the cursor over them in the dock, unless they use "Microsoft" in a generic way but I doubt that. It works for my class stuff but sometimes how you format things can be confusing, like sometimes when I combine two files, the spacing between lines looks different, or I have trouble making charts line up the way I want them to. But for the most part it works well!

Well, actually, Microsoft Office is not free at all and it's very expensive Razz
Danna
Danna
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellyB on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Well it was free for me lol. It may not have been free for my dad!!
ShellyB
ShellyB

Back to top Go down

Post by I love unicorns on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:28 pm

@ShellyB wrote:Well it was free for me lol. It may not have been free for my dad!!

Lol thats the same as my internet...its free for me but not for my dad Very Happy
I love unicorns
I love unicorns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum