GLOF
Welcome to Girls' Life Out Forums

Pleas register to participate in the forums or log in in case you already have an account.

Thanks!!

I forgot my password

The good and bad about your family

Go down

The good and bad about your family Empty The good and bad about your family

Post by Danna on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 am

Well, what's that something good that you love about your family Thumbs up and something bad that you hate about your family? Thumbs down
Danna
Danna
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The good and bad about your family Empty Re: The good and bad about your family

Post by BlackParadeEnchantress on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Everyone on my dad's side of the family seems to get along.

My mom has issues with her 2 sisters, and doesn't get along with them very well. As a result, I don't get to see my cousins on that side of the family very often.
BlackParadeEnchantress
BlackParadeEnchantress

Back to top Go down

Post by WaterBaby on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 pm

My feelings toward family might sound a little cold, but how I feel about it is that, if you're not going to act like family, why should it matter whether or not bridges get burned? Sharing DNA doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm still interested in genealogy and want to find out what all my ancestry is, but as far as my live relatives, I'm used to burning bridges with a lot of them, because of the way they've treated my brother. Like I love my aunts, uncles, and first cousins and their children to death, and they're really the only ones that I wouldn't truly disconnect myself from, it's mostly the other relatives who I don't really see, nor really care to.

My dad's bio dad left when he was only a couple months old, and my grandmother died when I was very young. So he's kind of the same way. So I don't know many people from my dad's side other than some of his aunts and uncles, and a few of his cousins. I only just found out about some of my cousins on his side through facebook lol. I have two really great, open minded cousins who live up North. They both have some fuckin ADORABLE kids, and they are doing fantastically with them. Like one cousin has her son loving Studio Ghibli.

I know many of the relatives on my mother's side, but they're the ones that I don't really care to be around. They're mostly conservative Baptists who think it's ok for them to sin, but not my queer transgender brother. Our mother, while her intentions were good (she just didn't want them to say anything hurtful to him), had us not talk about him being gay (at the time) and it always made me wonder what made them so good that we had to hide what we were from them, even though one cousin's divorced, and two had babies out of wedlock to some questionable guys. But like hey, they love Jesus and make babies so it's ok I guess. But my first cousins from her side are pretty cool. I don't see them often, but now that we're all adults and getting on the same page, we talk to each other more. When we were kids, we'd play together all day, but then as we were getting older and getting into our own things, we'd barely speak.
WaterBaby
WaterBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Smurf on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pm

The good is I have a loving Mom who works her ass off so I can have a great life. In the beginning it was rough I guess because Mom got pregnant at 16 and had me at 17 and my Dad who I don't know and have never seen and don't want to has never been in the picture. So it is me and my Momma who is my best friend and my biggest fan with my Gymnastics. I also have my Poppy and Nana who are so loving to me and I couldn't ask for anything more from them. They are awesome grand parents. I also consider my coach Miss Taby as part of my family. She has been with me since I was 7 years old through thick and thin and not only does she teach me Gymnastics she is my Gym Mom and disciplines me when I get an attitude which happens quite a lot at the gym when things aren't going right. So there is a lot of good in my family and I suppose from the beginning it could have been much worse for me.
Smurf
Smurf

Back to top Go down

Post by twobitmiss on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 pm

A good thing is that my family, overall, is very supportive and generally stays out of the way if I want to do something they aren't equipped to help with.
On the down side I have a brother that can be really intrusive. He doesn't have a lot of girls in his life and he gets nosey.
twobitmiss
twobitmiss
Banned Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShellyB on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Mom: we fight sometimes, but we spend a lot of time together and she helps me a lot. I think she is kind of hard on me but it's because she loves me and wants the best for me. It is frustrating or annoying at times but overall I love her and am glad she's in my life the way she is.

Dad: we rarely fight although he makes fun of me sometimes, not in a mean way just joking around. Like when I get emotional, he teases me about drama. He kind of pushed me into playing a sport instead of trying out for cheerleading and more recently he has kind of pushed me to be an intern for a big company where he works. Again I know he's doing it to help me although part of me wishes he'd just let me pick without extra influence. But I am making him sound controlling, he's not really in most ways, we joke around a lot and enjoy spending time with each other. He rides a motorcycle to work a lot and also rides it around as a hobby, sometimes I ride on the back with him.

Brother: he is a year younger than me. We have similarities but also differences. We were close most of our lives but in the past six months, he seems to be mad at me or resentful of me all the time and I am not sure why. According to my dad, my brother thinks I am some kind of master manipulator and always get my way, but I definitely do not always get my way. I guess I manipulate him a little but it's for his own good. The rest of us are all normal heights (I am 5-6, my dad is 5-11 my mom is 5-7) but my brother is 6-6 for some reason? Academically he is kind of, the nice way to put it is "unfocused." He has a girlfriend who I am starting to think is a bad influence. He is unaware of this but I know of several other girls who have the hots for him, which is hilarious to me because he is such a dork. I have a girlfriend I secretly hope to one day set him up with but, right now anything I suggest he would do the opposite.
ShellyB
ShellyB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down